Dry scalp causes such many problems as dandruff and psoriasis. You might feel less confident with the full white flakes cover on your hair and your black t-shirt. Things are complicated, especially when you have thick hair. How to moisturize scalp without making hair greasy is the question for most of people suffering from dry scalp. Now is the time to blow your worries away. Read this to find out the essential ways to stay away from dry scalp and it bad effects!
Reasons why your scalp is so dry
There are daily reasons that make your scalp dry. Let’s unveil this causes before going through how to moisturize scalp without making hair greasy thoroughly.
- Sudden and extreme changes of weather
- Cold and dry weather
- Wrong haircare products
- Wrong haircare routines
- Environment polluted factors
- Too much smoking and unhealthy foods
- Some medications
- Stressful lifestyle
- Imbalanced hormones
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Lack of nutrition, too much sugar diet
- Excessive mental worries and physical activities, but lack of rest
- Aging process
Why greasy hair and dry scalp come at once?
The truth is that your body always works its best to balance things. The outside factors as pollutants, wrong products, and inside factors as imbalanced hormone, lack of nutrition make your scalp become so dry. The drier it is, the more sebum your glands produce to compensate the lack amount of oil. That is why after you just wash your hair, your strands become oily easily few hours later, it is yucky for 24 hours. Because your hair is so oily, you want to wash it daily. That causes nutrition and moisture washed away by the wrong products, dry scalp sufferings. Many people can’t stand with their greasy hair and dry scalp happening at the same time, but still don’t know how to moisturize scalp without making hair greasy thoroughly.They really live in a vicious circle.
Now let’s move to the next section to find out the solution for this awkward situation. It is time for no more itchy and irritations of dry scalp, yucky hair. No more artificial product, and more natural one.
How to moisturize scalp without making hair greasy effectively with DIY products
Tea tree oil
The easiest way of how to moisturize scalp without making hair greasy is mixing tea tree oil with your regular shampoo. Dropping about 4-6 ml tea tree oils into your mild shampoo. Applying it on your hair, carefully on your scalp and give your hair a massage in circles to get the best results.
Here is another mixture you could try as a tip on how to moisturize scalp without making hair greasy:
- Step 1: Mix 16 drops of tea tree oil with 30ml jojoba oil.
- Step 2: Stir this mixture over and apply it on your scalp, give it a circle massage. Deliver this mixture from your scalp to the ends of hair.
- Step 3: Leave it on your hair about 50-60 minutes.
- Step 4: Rinse it off with your mild shampoo
Tip: This should be used 2-3 times per week. Once your scalp is soothed, it will produce less oil and you will soon get silky and strong hair.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider contains acetic acid playing a role of balancing the Ph level of your hair. It reduces itchy, dry scalp and solves dandruff, nourish your hair with proteins and enzymes. Get this mixture to get good results on your how to moisturize scalp without making hair greasy effectively.
- Step 1: Mix 1-3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water. (It depends on how your scalp gets used to apple cider vinegar. You could increase gradually the amount of apple cider vinegar from 1-3 tbsp).
- Step 2: Wash your hair with your mild shampoo
- Step 3: Using apple cider mixture to rinse your hair off, focus on the scalp and give it a massage.
- Step 4: Leave it on your hair about 5 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
Tip: 2-3 times a week is the best usage for this one.
Honey with lemon juice
Honey is known for its antibacterial and moisturizing benefits and lemon juice is best for dealing with dandruff. The combination of honey and lemon juice is a perfect couple for how to moisturize scalp without making hair greasy. Depends on your sensitive levels of hair, you could control the amount of honey and lemon juice. Increasing honey if your hair is quite sensitive to lemon juice. Let’s get started:
- Step 1: Squeeze juice from 1 lemon.
- Step 2: Mix 3 tbsp of honey with liquid of 1 squeezed lemon juice.
- Step 3: Applying this mixture on your hair, focusing on your scalp, don’t forget to give it message in circles.
- Step 4: Leave it about 5-10 minutes
- Step 5: Wash your hair with mild shampoo.
Tip: Using this about 2-3 times per week.
Coconut oil moisturize your hair and recover your scalp, especially for one suffering from dandruff.
What you need:
- Towel/ shower cap.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Mild shampoo
How to do:
Applying coconut oil on your hair, massage carefully on your scalp and wash it off after 25-30 minutes of your hair covered under your shower cap. Remember not to wash it off with conditioner . That is the best way of how to moisturize scalp without making hair greasy easily.
Tip: Applying 1-2 times a week.
“Moisturizing” is the magic word for dry scalp, “controlling oil” is the fairy tale for ones with yucky, annoying greasy hair. Now it is the time for your dreams, fairy tales become truth. Cause you know the best tips ever on how to moisturize scalp without making hair greasy.