You walk down in the super market aisles being so confused because your hair is a combination of oily scalp dry hair. You are wondering: “If I use the too mild shampoo, it does not help to control the sebum on my scalp. On the other hand, if I use a deep and strong cleansing one, it might make my hair drier. So what is the best way to get out of this headache situation?”. Do not worry, by following this article step by step, you will figure out the most suitable and natural ways to get rid of oily scalp dry hair and experience a healthy, shiny hair than never before.
Why is your oily scalp dry hair so bad?
The fact is that the drier your hair is, the more sebum your scalp produces to
compensate the oil lost. It becomes more severe when your hair is not only extremely dry
but your scalp is prone to suffer flakes, itchy feelings, dandruff, scalp psoriasis,
seborrheic dermatitis. The triggers of these symptoms are polluted environment factors or
the cold weather. Knowing how to treat oily scalp dry hair properly shows you the way
to escape from this awkward situation.
Oily scalp dry hair: Dos and Don’ts:
- Be careful when choosing shampoo
Choose the ones for combination hair. Dandruff shampoo is suggested for oily scalp. Cause dandruff is the consequence of it.
- Always give your hair a massage when washing it
Massage makes your follicles stimulated and oil from scalp be delivered from scalp to tips of hair. Consequently, your hair is less dry and your scalp is less oily, which saves your oil scalp dry hair condition completely.
- Using brush
You could use your brush/comb to deliver oil from scalp through stands to the ends of hair. Be careful with brush/comb cause so many people brush hair right after their washing. At that time, your hair is so elastic and easily to be broken. Your oily scalp dry hair will be thankful if you can avoid that.
- Don’t use the conditioner with too much moisturizer
People with oily scalp dry hair always want to put as much of moisturize products on their hair, cause they give them the best feelings ever. Smoother, Silkier! But wait a minute. An oily scalp doesn’t like that. The more oil you put on your hair, the greasier your hair is. You hair will look extremely heavier and it doesn’t change anything on oily scalp greasy hair.
- Don’t wash your hair everyday
When your hair is so greasy, all things you just focus on is washing it more often, even everyday. But that is not reasonable. The more you wash your hair, the more sebum your glands produce. It also dehydrate your hair and make it drier. Always remember to use a mild shampoo if you have a combination of oily scalp and oily hair.
- Don’t use hot water
Hot water will make your dry hair more frizzy. That is really not a good idea for oily scalp dry hair.
Effective home remedies tackle oily scalp dry hair problems
One good method to control oil on your scalp and give nutrients for your hair is using tea bags because it contains astringent substance, tannic acid. Following these steps to eliminate oily scalp, dry hair effectively:
- Step 1: Put a regular tea bag in the cup of hot water.
- Step 2: Wait a few minutes till the temperature of tea going down equal to the room temperature.
- Step 3: Applying it on your scalp and give your scalp a massage in circles.
- Step 4: Leave it on your hair about 5-10 minutes
- Step 5: Wash it away with mild shampoo.
Tip: This should be used whenever your hair too frizzy to get rid of oily scalp dry hair.
Aloe vera gel
Aloe vera is easily to plant in your garden and bought from the nearby greenhouse. It contains proteolytic enzymes helping revive and soothe your oily scalp dry hair. You could apply aloe vera gel on your hair to blow away oily scalp dry hair. Here are your pocket tips:
- Step 1: Use the sharp knife to cut aloe vera plant. The amount you need is 2 table spoons. Extract from aloe vera plants till you get enough of it.
- Step 2: Washing your hair with your regular mild shampoo.
- Step 3: Applying aloe vera as using conditioner. Use fingers to deliver aloe vera homemade conditioner from scalp to tips of hair.
- Step 4: Leaving it on your hair in 3-5minutes
- Step 5: Rinse it off with water carefully to make sure even a bit of sticky aloe vera is not on your hair.
Tip: Aloe vera gives you a completely softer and shinier hair than before.
Honey is the best home remedy for your oily scalp dry hair. It reduces excessive oil on your hair roots and moisturizes your dry ends. Following this hack for strong and attractive hair:
- Step 1: Add 1 tablespoon of honey into your regular shampoo
- Step 2: Stir it on
- Step 3: Put this mixture on your hair, focusing on your scalp, give it a massage in circles and make sure this mixture touch the hair ends.
- Step 4: Cleanse your hair off with cold water
Tip: Using this 2-3 times per week for a healthy hair.
Identifying your hair type is the most important step before you care for other treatments. Usually, the one with thinner hair will have more hair grown from their scalps. The more hair, the more oily scalp to nourish all of them. As the result, that is a vicious circle for oil scalp dry hair people. Just take your time to get used to natural remedies as much as you can, avoid from the wrong products and protect your hair from the destroying factors as direct sun, smoke or pollutants. If you aware of your hair care, you will not deal with hair breakage and loss later. That really makes you less beauty and confident.